From Chris at Weekly Geeks.
When Dewey started Weekly Geeks, one of the first projects she encouraged us to do was link our book reviews to each other.
Dewey’s original post is here.
Here’s what we’ll do:
1. Write a post encouraging readers to look through your archives (if you have your reviews in a particular place on your blog, point them there), and find the books that they have also written reviews about. Tell them to leave a link to their review on your review post. For example, I’ve written a review for Gods Behaving Badly and Jane Doe leaves a link to her review of Gods Behaving Badly in the comments section of my review.
2. Edit your reviews to include those links in the body of the review post.
3. Visit other Weekly Geeks and go through their reviews. Leave links for them.
4. Leave a note somewhere on your blog to let people know this is your new policy.
5. Write a post later this week letting us know how your project is going!
This is a big undertaking but as Dewey put it, it’s ‘community building’. Have fun!
Sadly, Dewey left us before I got a chance to know her. I can see by the incredible community connected to Weekly Geeks that she encouraged others book bloggers and brought them together. She helped build a huge network of people who love to read books, write about books and read each other’s blogs.
This Weekly Geek challenge has allowed me to go back through my blog posts and see what I have actually written. An interesting experience. I originally decided to create this blog because I wanted to share my love of books with others but I found I had not written reviews of all the books I’ve enjoyed over the last five months. I feel I am not yet confident of my ability to write a clear, entertaining review! This week’s challenge will allow me to up the ante, by helping me focus on what I originally wanted to do here and cross posting other reviews to Page247.
My reviews are here. Please feel free to add your review links in the comment section and I promise to add them to the original post. I also promise to write more reviews!