Information on The Sunday Salon is found here.
After a week of beautiful weather it is raining in Seattle. It does that a lot here. This week I read several books and wrote some reviews. Should have The Forever War review done by Wednesday. I finally got The Language of the Night and When They Severed Earth from Sky from the library and will read them for CarlV’s Once Upon a Time III challenge.
1. Name the last book by a female author that you’ve read.
Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
2. Name the last book by an African or African-American author that you’ve read.
Someone Knows My Name by Lawrence Hill.
3. Name one from a Latino/a author.
Half of The World In Light by Juan Felipe Herrera
4. How about one from an Asian country or Asian-American?
Steer Toward Rock by Fae Myenne Ng
5. What about a GLBT writer?
Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
6. Why not name an Israeli/Arab/Turk/Persian writer, if you’re feeling lucky?
Palestinian Walks by Raja Shehadeh
7. Any other “marginalized” authors you’ve read lately?
I have People of the Whale by Linda Hogan on hold at the library and will read it next month. I read quite a lot of Native American and First Nations literature. Talk about “marginalized” Try Sherman Alexie, Leslie Marmon Silko , Gerald Vizenor , Louise Eldrich or Thomas King.
Have a great week!